4 corn tortillas
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup fat free refried black beans or fat free refried beans
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup non fat sour cream or lowfat sour cream
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup salsa
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Lightly spray both sides of each tortilla with nonstick cooking spray. Place tortillas on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven.
3. Spread 1/4 cup beans on each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 3 tablespoons cheese.
4. Put back into oven. Bake until cheese melts, about 2 minutes. Remove totillas from pan and place each one o a dinner plate.
5. Top each tortilla with 1/4 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup shredded lettuce, 1/4 cup shredded carrots, and 1/4 cup salsa. Serve.
Preparation time 30 minutes, including baking time. Makes 4 (1-tostadas) servings.
Tomato Salsa Ingredients
6 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 white onion, chopped
2 tablespoons canned, diced mild chiles or 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantor
juice of 1 lime
1. In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients.
Serve with baked tortilla chips.
Preparation time 10 minutes. Makes 6 (1/2-cup) servings.