Prologue

They see each other again after three years of their high school break up. Marcus comes to Tonju's neighborhood wanting to talk to her. She can't believe he's come across town to see her. Her heart races from just seeing him, but her curiosity says "What does he want?". Marcus hurt her when they broke up. He decided Tonju was too much of a "good girl" so he went after someone else that had been around a bit more. Plus, he was graduating soon. By that time she, Tonju was a junior.

When Marcus saw Tonju he couldn't believe his eyes, she was still the same little girl to him after three years. Marcus wanted to hug her but Tonju was standoffish with him.

"What do you want Marcus?"

"Hello to you too, Tonju. I want you."

"You've got to be kidding me? After what happened between us? How you hurt me?"

"I didn't mean to and I do apologize. I miss you. I miss us."

"What have you been up to Marcus? How's life treating you?" quickly changing the subject.

"Well, I'm married with two children now."

"Are you kidding me? And you're here trying to get me back? You have some nerve, I don't date married men. I don't care who they are."

"I'm not happy, Tonju. I made a mistake. I shouldn't have married her. But, she was pregnant and I wanted to do the right thing."

Just then Tonju played his response in her mind. "You could've done the right thing without marrying her. All you had to do was to take care of your children." The words wouldn't come out of her mouth; staying in her head.

"Well, now you have to live with it, don't you. You made your choice."
(c) 2010 Jeane' Elliott Bennett

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep A Blog

An Entrepreneur

Podcast Your Books