Interview with Teresa D. Patterson

Well, we have the author of varies Urban Fiction novels in the hot seat with us this afternoon.  Let's chat with Teresa D. Patterson and get to know her a bit.  Shall we?


1.  How do you spell your name? T-E-R-E-S-A, P-A-T-T-E-R-S-O-N

2.  How old are you?  45 Do you care if I put your age in the article? No.

3.  Where do you live?  St. Petersburg, FL. Do you care if I put your hometown in the article? No.

4.  Tell me about your book. The Real Hood Wives of St. Pete. is set in the city of St. Petersburg, FL. It’s about three single mothers who live in the housing projects. Each woman is there for a different reason. It tells of their struggles of dealing with issues single mothers have to face on a daily basis.

5.  What inspired you to write? I was inspired to write by my mother who writes poetry and by my fifth grade spelling teacher.

6.  What is your writing process? I don’t really have a writing process. I just write. I tried to stick to a writing schedule but it didn’t work for me.
How long does it take you to write a book? Sometimes I can write a book in a little over a month. At other times, it takes years. It just depends on how motivated I am to finish the story or if the characters are continuously speaking to me.

7.  What exactly is erotic romance? I can’t really answer that question because I don’t write erotic romance. The two romance novels I’ve written, Panzina’s Passion and Soul on Fire, do not have any erotic scenes included.

8.  How do you write all those steamy sex scenes? Some of my novels, like THEY CALL ME MY G-SPOT and UNCROSSING HER LEGS, have lots of steamy sex scenes. I write those scenes by imagining what I’d like to have happen in my bedroom (or an elevator.) It’s definitely not from experience.

9.  Why do you write romance? I write romance because I grew up reading Harlequin Romance novels and I just fell in love with those types of books. What appeals to you about it? I love the idea of love and two people falling in love. It just warms my heart.

10. Who are some of your favorite authors? Dean Koontz, Keith Kareem Williams and Keith Gaston.

I must say that it has been a pleasure speaking with you this afternoon Teresa.  

To keep up with Teresa around the internet, you can find her at these varies sites: 

Blogspot

Facebook

Google +

Pinterest

Twitter




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Entrepreneur

Keep A Blog

Podcast Your Books