Interview with Imani Writes


Can you believe it?  We have a new author with us this afternoon.  You might have seen the cover of her book around the internet.  The book has been promoted quite heavily.  There is a buzz going on and now we have the author her to tell us a bit about herself, her book and her writing style.  Let's welcome, Imani Writes.

I always ask everyone to spell their names so one misspells or mispronounces anyone's name.

1. How do you spell your name?
Imani Writes  

2. Tell me about your book.
Shug’ah is a book about a young woman who is telling the readers about her life. She begins at the age of 15, when she is is raped. At 16, a juvenile detention center becomes her home. At 21, she finds her place in an all-man crew of hired killers. Just when she feels all is lost, her past shows up. Can happiness finally be within her reach or is it much too late?

3. What inspired you to write?
As a child I had an unhappy childhood and I would read everything I could get my hands on.  I would become so involved with the story line and the characters I would forget my reality.  I knew then I wanted to write, to create stories that people could get lost in.

4. What is your writing process? How long does it take you to write a book?
I like to create an outline, a very detailed outline of each character no matter how small and of course the locations in the book.  I look up street names real locations and call up restaurants and hotels to get more information. I want it to be as accurate as possible.

5. Who are some of your favorite authors?
Eric Jerome Dickey, will always be one of my favorites because I love his style of writing.

6. Do you have any more books coming out? When?
         Yes I do. Artistic Words Publishing will be introducing Blaque Ice next year.

7. How did you go about getting your book published? 
         I was very fortunate to have someone read my books when they were ebooks.  She     enjoyed them so much she told her friend, who had a publishing company, and she read them and here we are.  

8. Can I send something to your agent/publisher?
          Yes I don’t have an agent yet. But the next best thing is an awesome publisher and you can contact her through www.artisticwordspublishing.com

9. Is there anything else you'd like to tell me?
          Dreams do become a reality. Not without hard work and dedication.  So whatever you want to do in life you can achieve it but you must believe in yourself!

Imani, thank you for being with us today.  It was a pleasure interviewing you.  

If you wish to keep up with Imani Writes and her works, look for over the internet or you can contact her through her publisher.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Entrepreneur

Keep A Blog

Podcast Your Books